Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 3 Soulmaster Error

Well last night I was lvl 14 Knight (IGN-LoveGuard). I finally felt like I was catching up to pearz but soon after that maintenance for some odd reason every time I tried to logg into THAT specific character (we are allowed to make 6 characters), I would get an error and forced to shut down the game. Oddly enough, when I created other characters and logged into channels 1 2 or 3 with the new characters, they were playable with no problems sigh...so much for being the first 10 to ge to lvl 30. (cries).

Today I tried channels 1 - 2 - and 3 with LoveGuard but the same outcome, I recieved an error box and forced to close the game.

So since it is apparently I cannot make a new character and even dream of being the top 10 ppl of a class to reach lvl 30, as well as LoveGuard is unplayable until further notice, I figure I may as well pick a different class and learn about them.

So I created LoveRain which is a priest (girl character). I absolutely HATE that it is a girl character but I LOVE the gameplay of it.

It is a MT version of a enhancer and it fits my playstyle almost perfectly.

It is slightly (my opinion) imbalanced compared to the Knight class when I compared their soul abilities and personal skills.

On a additional note: I believe some people found a money glitch as well as a lvl glitch. I saw a few ppl buying stuff for obseen amounts of money (like 1 mill) and I'm wondering how the freak did you get that much in 2-3 days? I also encountered a warrior wearing lvl 24 gear, and I thought he had no life until some ppl spoke of a exp glitch to gain like 2500 exp or something. Blech I wouldn't know much of it as I didn't dig for glitches.


Knights
____________________
Knights in my eyes, purposes are for knocking down opponenties with thier skills and thier souls and try to deal as much damage as possible to a general area.

The general latter moves I would use was to rush them to knock them down, and then AoE spin to do as much damage as possible before they get up. Both moves are my 2 most spammed moves and both are capable of knocking down and dealing damage to multiple enemies.

As far as their soul Abilities are, the first 2 souls they get are standard compared to the Priest. They have the same abilities. The Calm Riders absorb all long range damage in a given area, meaning that any shots fired in a general area immediately changes thier course into the Calm Rider's Bubble where it is absorbed. Generally for big scale attacks and stuff you'd only need like 3-5 of them. The 4th Soul ability I absolutely adore because it just looks badass. Their ability is to go underground and shoot up in a given area and all enemies in that area are shot into the air and Knocked down. For me, it was a extra knockdown type move. The more of the souls you got, the more area is effected and shot into the air.

The last 2 souls are my personal favorites. One of them possess the ability to stun. They rush to to your directed area and stomp down and anyone in range gets stunned for 5 seconds.

The more souls you have, the bigger the area that gets stunned and the more MASSIVE damage is inflicted.

The last one isnt really imba, its a supercharged long range Soul that actually is quite the Tank.
________________________________

Priest
________________________________

Priest's skills are obviously more geared to support.

They have a armor spell that places armor on everyone in a given range, when the skill is lvl 3 they match the armor of a knights (first imbalanced skill).

What makes this move hax is that the priest units I believe have the same armor as a knights unit, so adding more on it makes them tank quite alot more. (side note: some priest Soul Units are marginally cheaper then a Knights Soul Units. I always wondered why in pvp a priest was able to spam so many units in a short amount of time).

They also have a heal spell that when lvl 3 heals at least half a souls hp. However the range is a bit sad, I think its more of a heal just for themselves.

They also have a storm type move that can AoE multiple units, however compared to a knights spin move, its not as strong, but it does do a stun effect and annoys the crap out of me in pvp.

However a lvl 6 priest with a lvl 6 wand outdamages a lvl 12 knight with a lvl 12 sword in terms of normal attack.

lvl 6 priest would be 40 or so, while the lvl 12 Knight is like 36-39. Like really? lol.

Atm my Priest is only lvl 9. My knight was left off at lvl 14 before encountered with the error box.

As for as their units go, Priests have a soul that spins and turns itself into a barrier and anything that gets close to it get smacked by this spin multiple times before getting knocked out of range. You can't run through them either and priests can set them up as a wall to prevent anyone from passing. The only way to get past them is to knock them down or knock them in the air.

What makes this soul in particular imbalanced is that the more souls you have capable of doing this, you can control them singularity and place them in designated spots and if a smart priest did it correctly, you can immobilize units and players by surrounding them with these souls and make them perma stunned and incapable of doing anything until they are dead.

I havent unlocked the last 3 souls are used them in excessive yet to see what they are, but a priest is definitely more convenient to play as far as my opinion goes. I think the only thing I favored the Knight over the priest is that the knight's moves allow them to move while using the moves. A priest is stuck in 1 spot when using their skills which can be problematic against units that resist stuns.

Anyway, I think I well just casually play until Open Beta come's out. I am interested to see where their cash shop goes. If it turns into something like MT, Then I'm out. But it does have an interesting gameplay concept.

As far as pvp goes, a Priest is naturally at an advantage over a Knight. As they have the armor spell and a heal spell, those 2 alone make the efficiency per unit exceed a Knights unit. Not to mention as I said earlier, some of thier units are marginally cheaper then a Knights, eventually it adds up. I really wished they had a Boy Priest.

-LG

2 comments:

  1. Priests aren't as much fun once you level up fighting at top tier. When bearcats and knights are AOEing your first 2 souls down instantly, you will be wishing you could AOE too.

    The prices in game are ridiculous cause peopel have bugged money like me. My char has 4 trillion gold <.<

    ~Pearz

    ReplyDelete
  2. lulz I kinda stopped playing seriously since it is apparent I can no longer be the top. Knights AoEing is nice, but only when you get the top tier gears from the blacksmith.

    and even then I kinda liked that some of your souls capabilities over a Knights.

    You may have to teach me the money bug though haha. peps wont tell me the secret.

    I have a feeling they will be implementing gear that will be cash only.

    If you take a glimpse at the csah shop they have categories for each class which to me signify that there is a high possibility they will be creating gears- cash shop only. Which really isnt motivating to me.

    ReplyDelete