Monday, December 13, 2010

Starcraft 2 and HON o.O

So its monday approximately 7 a.m. upon posting. I have finals for the next 3 days but afterwards it's a one month long break from school and papers.

This friday I have a birthday to attend for a close friend of mine who is turning 21 (luuckkkyy). After that I have a weekend spent in Chicago with Jeff (strong for 10 months).

There was a chance we could go to New Orleans during break but I kinda don't want to go, and he also wants to ski and teach me how. I think skiing is more romantic =P.

Feels like a month of being busy but, I think I'll find time to try a MMORG or two.

I had a few friends play Starcraft (and it works for MACs) so there is a big chance I may be buying this game and installing it. It looks pretty badass...not much diversity in class but a VAST of your success relies on your own skill and capacity. Especially in PvP version.

Played Fable lll and it was pretty kool. I liked that it wasn't like Fable ll where you had to rely on Melee until your magic was 100. I love the spell weaving with lightning and Ice. I practically destroyed everything with ease with that spell weave and while the lightning stunned them I took my warhammer and charged up a massive hit to 1 hit KO enemies (yay for splash hitting too).

Spellweaving in Fable lll is quite fun to fool around with. I think the most creative combo is using wind with Ice(or lightning). However the best single 1 on 1 combo, in my opinion, to use is the combination of Blades and Lightning. It's spammable and the lightning stuns are great especially when used in conjunctions with melee hitting. Spell, hit, hit, hit, spell, hit hit hit is a nice repeating cycle or just spell, charge, smash, spell, charge, smash. Anyway just a lil tangent.

I watched a few videos of HON and it looked interesting. It was something I kind of wanted to consider to try. I'll have to ask Pearz about her own opinion on it or something, because it doesn't work for MACs and frankly I have grown accustomed to MACs now with their virus-free and stuffies haha, I kinda don't want to trade in my MAC for a regular laptop zzz.

This semester (and possibly this blog site) has taught me to bullshit papers fairly easily now. I remember in Senior Year in High School we had senior papers and took us a whole semester to do a 6-8 page senior paper over some topic.

Here I am sitting in college typing up papers ranging from pages of 3-18 on a daily basis and typing them up with ease.

Anyway, I hope everyone's doing well. As this semester closes, I realize that I only have 1 semester left at Holy Cross College. Then I am transferring to either IU bloomington, or Purdue University.

I keep reflecting on the aspects that I love about Holy Cross College, as well as the aspects I hate about it. A part of me wants to stay here, but the other part of me says I need to leave.

I am a person with great ambition, but I am also a person who is afraid of change. I must force myself to move and explore, even if it is against my will. Because I must live and live with no regrets and live as out-going as possible. I feel obligated to at least explore new colleges and atmospheres and make new friends as well as remember my old friends, and who/where I came from. The old saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Holy Cross College is my stepping stone to better things in my eyes. If things turn out that I hate it...then...I can always take 1 step back in order to take 2 steps forward. Holy Cross College can be my home in a way.

Anyway, here I go rambling again as though if this is one of my papers. I should stop haha. I must say, I kind of grew out of games now for some reason. I have small ambitions to play them but I guess most my ambition was drained into real life and wanting to actually well, be somebody. Though I miss the days sometimes. Guess all there is to do right now is remember and move on and learn right? But not forget. Makes me remember the saying my friend said, "If I impacted just one person's life to make a difference, then my life is complete." Which made me reflect about my past experiences. How everyone impacted me, and how I impacted everyone. Kind of a nice way to feel, it makes me want to be somebody important all the more though, because I would want to impact more people's lives.

AHH!! here I go again rambling. Anyway, I'm still alive. Hope everyone is well to. Also, thank you for impacting my life, as I hope that I have positively impacted yours.

-LoveGuardian (Andrew Chin)


1 comment:

  1. My suggestion is run, and run fast.

    HON community like dota is the most unforgiving community ever to exist. Anyone starting to learn the ropes will be raged on hard. Everyone screams at everyone else for losing and this happens in every game.

    Even if you manage to learn the game enough to not be completely useless, the raging doesn't stop, just tiers up to a different level where they will comment on every small mistake you make.

    On the side note: It gives you extremely good skills at dealing with trolls XD

    It's fun, if you make it pass that initial nub hating barrier. I still question how more and more people still start playing HON/dota with such unforgiving communities.

    ~Pearz

    ReplyDelete